Follow these simple steps and Bogs Management Inc. will soon be managing your property.
1. Contact our office and we can review your specific needs. We will provide you with a management agreement and will answer any questions that you may have.
2. If you currently have a property manager that you are switching over from:
A. Check your current property management agreement to see what kind of notice is required. It is typical that you are required to give a 30 or 60 day notice of termination. If possible, call your property manager and find out if they will accept a shorter notice. Many will, especially if they know that you are unhappy. If you do not have a written agreement, assume that a 30 day notice is required.
B. Compose a brief letter such as the sample below:
As of __________ (date), your services at _______________ (Property Address), will no longer be required. A representative of
Bogs Management, Inc. will be in touch with you prior to the termination date to pick up all keys and files related to the property. Please send all remaining funds directly to me including tenant security deposits.
C. Please send a copy of your termination letter to Bogs Management, Inc.
3. Along with the signed copy of the management agreement and funds to open your account, provide Bogs Management, Inc. with the following items, if applicable, in order to enjoy a smooth change over.
D. Copies of all recent bills, including mortgage, property tax, insurance and utilities. We will then notify these vendors that we will managing your property.
E. Name and phone numbers of your regular vendors, such as lawn service, scavenger, etc.
F. Rent roll, including the name, address, and phone number of the tenants, copies of their lease and lease riders, amount of the security deposit, balances owed and last rent payment.
G. Copies of all keys, including the storerooms and laundry.
H. Information regarding any pending 5-day or 10-day notices and or unlawful detainers. Copies of any notices served, names of any tenants under eviction, pending court dates and the name and phone number of the attorney handling the case.
I. Pending municipal inspections
J. First page of your insurance policy, showing the coverage and name and phone number of the agent.
4. We will then compose a letter notifying your current tenants as to the change in management introducing Bogs Management, Inc., as well as our policies.
5. We will begin sending you your monthly report at the end of each month.
6. You will be able to enjoy your investment free from the day to day responsibilities.